Monday, August 14, 2017

WEEK 102-Dying (going home from Paradise)-TESTIMONY

Well another great week! For those who don't know I am dying!!! Term missionaries use for going home. so I have already left my area. I left last Saturday instead of Thursday due to the unbeatable planning skills of the aps. I got into Tana and Elder Nelson was there to pick me up and we were taken straight to Ankorandrano. We both worked there before, so we went back to visit members and we had a dinner set up with an old member. I got to see my son Elder Passey who is currently working there. Then on Sunday we went to the Ankorandrano church and then zipped on over to the Ambohimanarina branch to get some final goodbies. I walked in about 10 minutes after they started and all the heads turned my way and everyone started smiling. Then we went and sat down after I shook a couple of hands and the first 10 minutes of sitting there was turning around and making eye contact with everyone haha. It was great. Then it ended and we went around and visited members. So that was done and we worked our way back to Ankorandrano where we had a final dinner with Bishop Olivie. HE MADE US FRIED CHICKEN. Yeah let's just say I ate a lot haha. and now we are here. We are going to go play soccer today and get some last minute goodies and then Tuesday we have interviews and then we are taking off for the long flights to get me back to America!

Well, I've had a lot of time to think about my time here in Madagascar and I've had plenty of times to give goodbye testimonies. I have learned a lot on my mission. Random life skills, a new language, how to get rid of bed bugs, etc. I've seen that families that are centered on the gospel of Jesus Christ see success and have peace in the home. I have had many confirmations that the Book of Mormon is true. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet called of God and that he saw Him and His son Jesus Christ. I learned that scriptures have to be read and actually can be applied to real life circumstances. I know and am a part of the true church that was restored on the earth today. However, all of these things that I know to be true emphasize the strongest point of my testimony. That Christ Lives. A true, perfect, resurrected being with an almighty love for all mankind. He knows all of us one by one....and that is my testimony. 

I look forward to seeing everyone coming up here! I'll get in on Thursday in the evening Fresno Airport 4:45 pm. See you all then! Mandra-pihaona!

Elder Bowen
                                               Bishop Oliviera and his wife and daughter

                                  Elder Nelson, Elder Heo, Elder Passey are some in this picture

                                                                Best Fried chicken!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment