Monday, June 27, 2016

WEEK 43 Baptisms!!! Ate Bat - Being transferred to Fianarantsoa

Alright, so this week I am being transferred to Fianarantsoa which is a 24 hour ride away.  . I am currently in the office right now in Tana and running into a couple of Elders here at the office that I knew.   Yesterday we took a long 11 1/2 plus hour drive from Mahajanga to Tana with President Foote. The streets were crazy as yesterday was the Independence Day here. So it was a longer drive going through Tana. Tomorrow I am so lucky to get to go on a taxi be like a bus thing they cram everyone in for the road down to Fianarantsoa where there are 4 Elders total! The best road in Madagascar! The first half I will ride with a sister, then the second half I am on my own with my suitcases! So I'll have a total of about 24 driving hours by the time I am done but then I will be in the great land of Fianarantsoa with my new companion Elder Nelson who has been waiting for me all week.
 
The last times in Mahajanga were great. On Saturday we had three baptisms, Elder Mack and Olsen, and we should have baptismal Saturdays for the next couple of weeks in Mahajanga. Then Sunday we left right after sacrament meeting and started for home mission office in Tana. But as of right now I don't have a lot of news to send home. Yes, I am alive and didn't die from the grenade that was thrown in the stadium. Actually wasn't near it and all the missionaries here are ok. All missionaries now have a 6 pm curfew until things settle down. 
 
Currently, re-packing my suitcases because I am going from the hottest area in the mission, to one of the coldest so I'll have a little change in apparel. But good times to come!
 
I had bat to eat and it was interesting! Where I am going the language should be a little different then where I was as they had a dialect called sakalava.  In this new place I am headed the dialect will be betsimasarika if I'm not wrong.  All the missionaries speak a dialect called merina.  This just means there are some new words and accents with each dialect. Way crazy though!  I loved working with Elder Cooley and am exited to work with Elder Nelson!
 
Love you all and hope that everyone has a great week! 
 
Elder Bowen
Baptism with Son


Special day for Son

Bonfire and marshmallows


Fidelicia kid pre gum



Bat that was killed and eaten for dinner!


Elders at Mahajanga

Zone conference lunch with my soda!!!

The Beach

Love Pday and volleyball on the BEACH!


President and Sister Foote with our zone

Parting is so hard!!!


My last sunset in Mahajanga...that is me!

No comments:

Post a Comment