Thursday, October 1, 2015

WEEK 5 MTC Oct 1, 2015 Favorite Speakers, Hosting Missionaries, and a Zone Feast



Another Great Week!

So this week we finished teaching our investigators that we had and we got them both to commit to baptism! Super awesome to finally hear “yes, I do want to” and then ‘hi five’ my companion haha. We had some really amazing speakers this week, probably my favorite so far. Our first one was Stephen B. Allen and he showed some old home front videos and then talked about them. Then he addressed one of the issues in the MTC which was... Flirting! Everyone in my zone was laughing so hard because we always call it out when we see it. Then we had Claudoi R. M. Costa who talked about how missionaries are the real superheroes. My favorite quote from the talk was "You can count the seeds in an apple, but not the apples in a seed." Really great quote. 

     This week we hosted the new missionaries which means we stand curbside and get their luggage and help them get to where they need to go. It was kind of sad to watch because some people just couldn't hold themselves together! Luckily I didn't have any criers but I sure saw a lot!  This week we also got to watch Elder Scott's Funeral. And to answer your question, every Thursday morning we get to go to Provo temple.

     Well the weeks are really counting down. This Friday (tomorrow) we get our flight plans! Really excited for that 50 hours of traveling! Haha…. well things have been great here. Just had a feast with our zone because half of them leave next Monday and we have to start eating all the food they have now. My testimony continues to grow and my knowledge in the language does as well. Fantatro fa mpanonjy antsika i Jesoa Kristy. (i know that Jesus Christ is our Savior). Fantatro fa tia antsika andriamanitra. (I know that God loves us). I love feeling the spirit every day in the strength that I feel it. I love our Savior, Jesus Christ and I know that He lives.  

 I hope everyone at home is doing great. Love getting the letter in the mail and pictures! Loved them. Oh and thank you Katelyn for the doughnuts! Super good. Love you all! 

Elder Bowen 

PS  I need to get some non silk ties.  I've been told the color bleeds onto the white shorts in high humidity.






This is the zone feast we had last night.

 These are the shirts we got.

This is the tie draft we had.


This is a pic of our whole zone.


 Me and my companion.



No comments:

Post a Comment